Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kenna & Brooklyn's First Date

Every year the city where we live has a "Daddy Daughter" dance. The theme this year was "Happily Ever After" and the girls were so excited to go on a real date with their daddy. They were counting down the days. A few days before the date I asked Kenna where they were going to go eat. She looked at me and said "Probably Olive Garden or Red Lobster, maybe even Outback." Most kids would say McDonalds or Wendy's, but not my daughter, she goes right for the good stuff. She doesn't mess around when it comes to eating out. I just laughed. Brooklyn said Subway or Panera (she doesn't have as expensive taste as her sister). They ended up eating at Olive Garden and I think Scott was the proudest dad around. He loved that everyone asked what they were doing and where were they going. After dinner they went to the dance had their pictures taken and danced for a while. They all had a blast. Scott even had them home for curfew and he got a goodnight kiss on each cheek before they went to bed.

8 comments:

Kim said...

How cute is that!!! That's fun that the city does something like that! You still need to tell me when you are coming in April! I can't wait to see you guys!

Heather said...

So fun. That is the way to have dates. You got to spend the night with the boy which was a date for you too.

Pugslvr said...

How fun! Lori does monthly dates with each kid so they each get their special time alone with mommy.

Stephanie Saunders said...

Okay, your girls are beautiful. Does Scott have any firearms in the house? He's gonna need 'em.

Stacey B. said...

The girls look adorable! How did you get their hair so curly? I need lessons from you on how to do hair. Poor Alli only uses headbands because I don't know what to do with her hair!

Jennifer said...

YOu are the hair guru. I told your girls that night that they were lucky to have such an expert for a mother! They are so beautiful.

The Cox Family said...

What a great night. That is such a great idea. They all look so adorable. I love the dresses and the hair. Shirlyn

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to call you back!! So if you don't hear from me soon--call again!! I'd love to get together when you're hear for pictures and fun!