Friday, October 3, 2008

Washington Coast

A week ago the pediatric department at Scott's hospital had a resident retreat, and we went to the Pacific Beach Resort on the Washington coast. The girls loved playing in the sand and finding all sorts of "treasures", most of which we quickly threw back in the ocean when they weren't looking. It was actually pretty cold, but that didn't stop them. One night we went to a luau that the resort had with Hawaiian dancers and everything. It was nice to be able to get away and relax a little bit. We had a great weekend.

5 comments:

sara said...

I am so glad that you have a blog, I miss you and now I feel like I get to see your little family grow. Your girls are so cute! And that little boy will be here before we know it (well at least for me since I am not the one pregnant).

Kim said...

It looks like a nice relaxing weekend!! Good to get away before baby boy comes!!!

Lori said...

Hi Tara,
We loved our visits to Washington when Travis's sister lived there a few years back. She lived in Vancouver. We came close to moving there before Baila was born but chickened out.

Have you been to Cannon Beach in Oregon? It's awesome. We also love Bandon in Oregon. If you ever get a chance to visit the Umpqwa State Park in Oregon and stay in the Deluxe Yurts, it's one of our favorite vacation spots. It's almost like camping but with all the luxuries. Not sure how close you are to those places. We really loved Victoria/Vancouver Island in Canada and the Buchart gardens were my favorite there. Lots of great hikes in Washington too.

The Cox Family said...

Looks like a fun weekend. It is nice to get away. I keep telling Deven I just need to go somewhere. He laughs... I say no I am really serious lets go somewhere. No time off for Deven yet bummer. Shirlyn

Gina said...

That looks so fun? I'm jealous. It's kind of funny because I find out more about you now than I did when you lived an hour away from me. I hope we can actually see you guys soon. Any trips to utah planned?