Friday, October 10, 2008

Point Defiance Zoo

So we decided to take advantage of one of the last remaining days of good weather here and go to the Point Defiance Zoo. It's a really cool little zoo that is right on the coast of the Puget Sound. Being this close to the water they actually had a lot of sea life there. Kenna and Brooklyn thought the sharks were pretty cool, and Tara thought the Balooga whales had "cute" faces. After the zoo we went and had dinner at a little restaurant out on the pier. Tara and I have never been big seafood fans, but we're venturing out a little and have decided that clam chowder is pretty good. Who knows, maybe at the end of our three years here we will have tried something else.

Kenna & Brooklyn with the penguins


They thought the sharks were pretty cool

Brooklyn liked touching the starfish, but Kennady didn't want to have anything to do with them. (Tara is mad at me because this picture shows her pregnant belly, but I think it's cute)

This is about as normal of a pose as we can get Brooklyn to do. She is the main reason why I take as many pictures as I do. On average I have to take about 10 pictures to get just one where she has a normal smile. We love her anyway.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I agree. Tara's baby bump looks adorable! :)