Friday, October 10, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge

This past weekend I had a "golden" weekend where I actually had both Saturday and Sunday off. (It's kind of sad that a two-day weekend is considered "golden" but hey, I'm not complaining). Some friends had told us about this really cool hotel with a giant indoor water park attached to it. It is only about 30 minutes from our house, but it was still pretty fun to get away for a little while. I think Brooklyn was more excited to stay in a hotel than she was to swim at the water park. I think that girl would live at a hotel if she could. Inside the place looks like a giant log cabin with a big fireplace and log furniture and everything. Even the rooms had log furniture and bunk beds for the kids. At night they have a pajama story time in front of the fireplace before bedtime (read by a guy in a freaky-looking wolf outfit, interestingly enough). The girls had a blast and ask just about every day when we're going to go back to "that wolf place".

You would never guess that it was pouring rain outside

Just after story time


This is the guy who comes to scare your kids off to bed. Brooklyn wouldn't go near him.

10 comments:

Ethington Family said...

Hi, this is mary morley (ethington now). I was just checking out all the new members to sfhs blog page. Your girls are so very cute! It looks like the pool would be a fun place to go.
It is good to see you guys- hope all is well. Take care!
mary

tjandash said...

Yeah! I am so excited about your blog! Can I put in couple requests? A virtual tour of your new home, a real tummy shot instead of the hiding one at the zoo, and keep pictures of girls with their darling twin dresses Tara makes with matching hair bows and darling braclets to a minimum. I get way too jealous and think I might go into depression, and of course oodles of pictures of baby Easton when he comes!

Kim said...

Geeze I'm still waiting for house pictures as well. It looks like you guys are having too much fun and not enough work!!! I'm sure you feel the opposite but just so you know it looks like you guys do a lot of fun things. Easton huh? I didn't know, or is it not offical yet? Not much longer left!!

Heather said...

That place looks awsome. It looks like you guys have been having lots of fun lately. I want to come along.

Unknown said...

Hey this Lisa, Shirlyn's sister. I looked at your blog through Shirlyn's. I hope you don't mind. I just can't believe how big your girls are. They look so grown up. I hope you guys are doing well. I love your family picture. It looks like it was taken in nice fall weather. I miss that! :) It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun up there.

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Is the picture in your backyard? So very cute! The Great Wolf Lodge pictures look really fun--makes us wish we had kids already to justify going! :)

The Cox Family said...

Sounds like a fun place. And glad to hear you had a golden weekend. I just had one and Deven was sick the whole weekend. I was NOT happy. So now I get to count down another month until he gets a weekend off. (sorry if it sounds bitter) Shirlyn

Becca said...

Tara! I'm glad I found your blog- it's fun to see what you guys have been up to. Did I hear you are in Washington? How are you liking it? Your girls are darling... what's the next baby going to be?

Becka and Bennett said...

Tara! I am so excited I found your blog! How are you guys. So I see you are having a baby... and very soon! Congrats! What are you having? How is Washington and the residency going? Are you liking it there? How is the house? We are adjusting to the east coast, slowly but surely. It has been very different and a hard adjustment,Its cold here! haha! Residency so far has not been bad at all. THis first intern year has been a breeze! I think when Bennett actually starts his program next year I think is when we will get a kick in the pants! Anyways I will add you to my list so I can peek in on your cute family. Hope every thing is well. Keep in touch!

Pugslvr said...

How fun...I wish they had something like that by us. Ethan LOVES to stay at hotels too.