Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cowgirl Kennady

When Kennady was little we took her to a rodeo in Utah. When she saw the little kids riding the sheep she told us she wanted to do that someday. We didn't think she was serious, but for the last few months she has been reminding us that she wants to do it. We still didn't think she would go through with it, but Grandpa Lynn signed her up for it anyway. As the rodeo got closer she started to get a little nervous (as you can see at the start of the video), but she suprised us all and actually got on and did really well. We were so proud of her.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Tara, we laughed so hard at this! My Mom is here and we watched it together. She is a very brave girl!!!
I took a ride (unplanned) with a ram once...at Grandpa Gresko's. ;)

Gina said...

That is soooo cute! How fun and what a great memory for her.

The Laytons said...

When you told me she rode a sheep in UT I was thinking this nice, pretty, calm sheep ... HoLy CoW!!! I can't believe she did that! That is amazing! She is so stinking brave, there is absolutely NO WAY Emi would ever do that! Go Kenna!

Millers! said...

That is hilarious.. I LOVE that she totally did that infront of everyone.. she is totally brave! What a tough chick!

Stephanie Westhoff said...

We saw this same thing a while back on tv and I told Matt, there's NO WAY I would let our kids do that. He said it wasn't as dangerous as it might look and he thought the boys would love to do it. Well, Jacob and Bryan anyway. That is so awesome that she actually did it. And she really did do well!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! She is so brave! I loved that :)

sara said...

Way to go Cowgirl Kennady! I love brave little girls!

Jennifer said...

Now I know you are the coolest parents ever! That is so awesome that you let her do it. Hurray for Kennedy!

The Cox Family said...

Way to go Kennady. What a brave girl. Looks like she had tons of fun Shirlyn

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

That sheep really goes fast! WOW! I told Bob I thought she should have had a helmet and he was like, "it looks like they're on soft dirt" but I was thinking more about the hooves! Looks like a great time--this video will come in handy in high school! Was Brooklyn impressed with her braveness?